OUR COVID-19 POLICY
Welcome to NLSSM, we hope the following information explains our new normal in order to maximize your safety.
We made the decision to open our doors after having carefully considered all the risks involved, we have implemented protocols that we feel address these concerns and we intend to minimize the risk of face-to-face interaction by making safety our number one priority. We have followed the guidelines laid out by the Government as well as GCMT. As a result, we feel we are in a good place to get back to training.
We have carried out a full risk assessment to ensure that the highest standards of safety are in place for everyone coming in to the school, the decisions were based on the location, the layout and how we could modify the interior set up so that it meets the new health and safety requirements.
Despite NLSSM’s accessible location, we would advise everyone to avoid taking public transport for the next while. Whilst for some this maybe the only option, we advise other forms of transport where feasible.
The following will be the protocols for anyone entering our space:
We have implemented a number of these protocols to ensure the safety of both our teachers and students.
- If you are travelling by public transport you’re required to bring a change of clothing in which to work.
- We also recommend that a Type IIR grade mask be worn if you want full protection while traveling on public transport.
- While we recommend that each person brings their own mask, disposable masks will be made available.
- Hand wash stations will be in place at every entrance, exit and massage station.
- On entry to the building please scan the NHS Track and Trace QR code
- The room has been set up to fulfil the appropriate social distancing criteria.
- Class sizes are smaller in order to maintain social distancing whenever possible.
- As much of the soft furnishings as possible have been removed.
- The lounge and kitchen facilities (except for handwashing) will be closed until further notice due to the remaining soft furnishings.
- The teaching room is well ventilated, we have windows down the length of one wall as well as doors at either end of the large room. Even with the winter months coming the room remains well ventilated.
- Our venue is situated independently from any other buildings hence access is straightforward.
- We encourage both staff and students to wipe down areas of contact throughout the day.
- We have employed extra cleaning staff to come in after each teaching day to perform an appropriate level of cleaning.
- You will be sent an email prior to the course date that will include any updates as well as containing detailed information about the Covid-19 procedures.
- You will be sent a link that requires you to fill in a Covid19 online screening form on your phone. You will need to demonstrate your fitness to attend to the tutor on your phone that you have completed before coming on to the premises.
- Upon arrival you will be asked to wait outside of the venue, 2 meters apart from each other, a tutor will greet you and instruct you about where to go.
- Each student will be assigned their individual work station for the day in which they can store all their supplies.
- Students will be asked to choose seating in the lecture area and refrain from moving around.
- All your personal belongings will need to remain in your assigned area throughout the day.
- Please leave any jewellery at home.
- You are recommended to bring your own mask (Type IIR grade) but should you forget there will be some available for your use.
- Everyone will be instructed on how to put on your masks and gloves in the correct sequence. It is also recommended that you watch the WHO procedure for Donning and Doffing PPE.
- Handwashing will be fully explained and demonstrated on your first day.
- The wearing of gloves is optional.
- When removing any PPE please put in the dry bins provided.
- Students will be asked to work with the same person throughout the day.
- Single flat sheets will be provided for each student to use during the course of the day.
- Each student will be provided with their own bottle of lotion, they will need to label their bottle and be responsible for it for the duration of the course.
- All lotions will be stored in an open shelf cubby hole that has been assigned to each class.
- All towels and couch covers have been removed including soft furnishings.
- Couches will need to be wiped down after each use.
- Each station has the full complement of spray bottles with the appropriate cleansing solution to clean the couch, hand wipes, cleaning cloths. Students will be expected to clean below and around the face-hole if the participant has lain prone.
- Pillows have washable covers and are wiped down after each use.
- Washable bolsters and face supports are also available.
- All stations will have supplies to keep the area clean.
- At the end of the day all used sheets are to be brought to be placed in the laundry bags provided.
- The curtains are pulled back, please refrain from touching them.
- Please follow instructions when going to the toilet, one person at a time, handwashing is not an optional activity.
- The kitchen is only open for hand washing and water. There can only be one person in the room at a time and you must be using your own water bottle.
- Each student will have access to a Covid19 resource pack which contains information on risk assessment details and records, information for your clients, a daily cleaning record, Covid19 screening and consent, therapist declaration and treatment checklist.
- If you have any questions about this please ask your lead, not all of the information will be applicable to everyone in all circumstances and will be discussed on your first day.
BOOKINGS, PAYMENTS & CANCELLATION
- Please ensure any accommodation or travel you book has a responsible free cancellation policy.
- NLSSM cannot be held responsible for any additional costs incurred in the event.
- NLSSM Ltd will not be issuing any refunds for any Covid-related cancellations. We will work with you in rescheduling you onto a future date where possible.
- In the event of a local lockdown in London (NLSSM HQ) OR your home town, preventing the course from continuing or you from attending, we will reschedule the course you were booked on to a later date free of charge.
These protocols will possibly change based on current Government and/or GCMT guidelines. The first time you go through these it feels like a lot to remember, but soon it becomes natural and normal. If you have further questions please feel free to contact the office on 44 (0) 208 885 6062