In short, that’s how i’d describe the NLSM and those are words i hear repeatedly from students, past and present. It’s been my approach to life and it’s the basis of learning here. When you’re doing what you love, being ‘professional, friendly and inspiring’ makes perfect sense.
WHY CHOOSE US ?
Become a top level therapist with a BTEC Level 5 Professional Diploma in Sport Massage and Remedial Soft Tissue Therapy
From start to finish, no prior training needed, this is what NLSSM does best, we train highly skilled therapists who are top in their field. We support our students throughout their journey to become successful in a job they love. Our courses lead to a BTEC Level 5 Professional Diploma in Sports Massage & Remedial Soft Tissue Therapy. This qualification will give you the skills needed to practice as a professional therapist, with the ability to design and implement appropriate soft tissue treatment and rehabilitation plans.
The Highest Standard
Qualifying at Level 5 allows you to work in private practice or within the highest level of sport. Some of our graduates are now working with premier sports teams. Others have gone on to join established health teams and clinics or have started their own independent clinics. Graduates can become members of The Sports Massage Association (SMA), Register of Remedial Masseurs and Manipulative Therapists (LCSP) and the Complimentary Health Professionals (CHP)
The NLSSM difference
Ours is a responsive system of teaching, meaning that each sports massage class is taught according to its needs.
We also use accelerated learning methods, allowing us to teach difficult subjects in a way that is interactive and effective, maximising the development of practical massage skills and academic understanding. Most of our tutors are also full-time soft tissue and sports massage therapists, trained in a variety of complementary qualifications, so students benefit from their huge knowledge base and are learning from people who are working as soft tissue therapists every day in the real world.
A high teacher to student ratio.
We see a direct link between a massage therapist’s skills and the amount of quality attention they’re given in training. That’s why, in practical sessions, we have a ratio of 1 teacher for every 3-4 students. In addition, our teachers are known for their generosity, putting in unpaid hours where needed to support and mentor individuals. All of us here get great satisfaction from developing our massage students to their full potential, even if that means the odd late night. It’s all down to being professional and fun, but we believe that if we go the extra mile, so too will you.
A pass rate of 98%
98% is an impressive statistic and it’s only fair to point out that some students pass on their second attempt. The intensity of this qualification is not to be underestimated, but we offer discounts on any additional tuition that might be needed and offer an incredible level of personal support to make sure that those people who want to succeed, will do so. And the benefits don’t end when you graduate, check out what support and opportunities we offer both during and after you qualify as a soft tissue massage therapist.
NLSSM offers on-going support in a number of ways, including:
- Monthly newsletters keeping you up-to-date on massage events, opportunities both at NLSSM and beyond.
- Resources include free online tuition, videos, Massage Mondays, Exercise Lab, & course materials
- A comprehensive work schedule that makes your study life focused and that much easier
- Student office hours, zoom sessions that focus on coursework
- Online after class quizzes that highlight the essential learning of each day
- Job opportunities advertised in our private Facebook Group
- Event and work placements to gain relevant experience and add to your CV
- Opportunities with elite sports teams and health clinics
- Private forums for each class that continue to offer support long after you graduate
Access to an extensive library of books and DVDs
- Essential for learning at your own pace, checking things on the fly and, of course, revising for exams – we keep the library stocked with all the essentials and even some hard-to-find reference tools. Having access to such a well-stocked library also means that students aren’t obliged to spend large sums of money on books all at once. The library is also available to graduates of NLSSM.
The Student Massage Clinic
This is a great opportunity for students to take what they have learned in class and apply it in a real-life clinical situation. The clinic is also there to help students work towards fulfilling their clinical sports massage logbook hours. It’s an invaluable asset and really does produce a much better soft tissue therapist, providing mini tutorials in which students can seek advice from the senior tutor on hand, giving them more focused individual attention.
Massage work experience & event opportunities
There’s nothing like the buzz of working at a sporting event. We are regularly approached to provide student volunteers, whether it’s for a one-off event or a longer working arrangement. These opportunities are not only great for gaining experience and building confidence, they’re also brilliant networking opportunities and a chance to see what the demands of the job really are.