Date: 30th September - 1st October 2017
Price: £200.00 (incl.VAT)
The Sports Massage Refresher Course is a practical weekend course covering the fundamental principles of sports massage.
It is suitable for both the novice and the working massage therapist. It will establish and improve your depth, sensitivity using effortless methods.
Techniques that will be covered include effleurage, petrissage and deep strokes, enabling you to give a top-to-toe deep tissue massage. Our focus will be to develop your skills, allowing you to give a safe and effective sports massage without stressing your hands.
Despite the name, sports massage isn't just for athletes. Deep tissue massage (as it's known) is for everyone and benefits all of us in many positive ways, physically and psychologically.
WHO IS THE COURSE FOR?
- Do you already have a massage qualification?
- Do you suffer aches in the wrists, shoulders or lower back?
- Have you had any work related injuries?
- Do you feel physically tired at the end of a session or day?
- Do you want to work deeper and stronger?
- Do you want to develop your awareness and sensitivity in your hands?
- Do you need a refresher?
- Do you need more confidence?
- Do you want clients to return for the quality of your massage skills?
- Does the question "what is the difference between sports massage and any other form of massage" burn in your soul?
If you have answered yes to any of these questions then NLSSMs' weekend Sports Massage Introduction course is for you.
It may have the word introduction in it but it is hardly exclusive to beginners rather it addresses all of these common situations. Increase your abilities by making adjustments to how you work. For whatever reason you choose to come to us we will ensure that your day is individualised for you.
This course is not for you if...
...you want to go over anatomy or have questions about advanced techniques, or you're seeking new creative ideas, you would be better advised to book a one-to-one session with Susan to address your individual needs.
What others have said about the day...
"I would recommend this course to anyone. It has given me a huge amount of information about how to work effectively. It has changed how I work significantly."
"Great opportunity to experience so much in a short space of time and has provided me with the knowledge and experience to take this in to my practice."
Derek Holistic Massage Therapist
"Excellent positive tuition. Time flew so must be good! Can't believe how competent I feel at the end!"
Sarah Swedish Massage Therapist
"Thank you for a fantastic two day course. It was just what I needed to refresh, revisit and learn/adopt better techniques for future use."
- Pre-course literature
- Use of hydraulic beds
- Towels, lotions, couch roll & hand wipes
- Tea, coffee & healthy snacks
- A high ratio of teacher to student tuition
- Ongoing support
- Monthly newsletter (optional)
|18th & 19th November
| 21st & 22nd January
| 17th & 18th February
| 17th & 18th March
| 14th & 15th April
Course times: 10:00 - 17:00
For details of our North London and Central London locations, please check our Contact Us page for further information.