Date: 31st July 2018
Price: £180.00 (incl.VAT)
Location: North London
Improve your rehabilitation and treatment outcomes using Muscle Energy Techniques.
MET is used to treat somatic dysfunction, especially decreased range of motion, muscular hypertonicity and pain.
One of the aims of the workshop is to encourage your independence of thought so that you can confidently apply MET to any area of the body.
Please note that you will joining an existing diploma course for this workshop.
WHAT YOU WILL ACHIEVE
- An understanding of the physiological effects of MET
- An understanding of the mechanism of the technique
- The ability to apply safe and effective PIR to lower limb
- The confidence to workout its' application in most given circumstances
- The ability and understanding of when to apply passive and active MET to lower limb
- The appropriate understanding of when to apply it and its' contraindications
- The ability to test range of motion for hip, knee and ankle
INCLUDED IN THE DAY
- Comprehensive notes
- Certificate of attendance upon completion (electronic)
- Tea/Coffee during break (at some venues)
- Option to receive monthly CPD newsletter
- Ongoing NLSSM support
- A high ratio of teachers to students
WHO IS THE COURSE FOR?
- Those who wish to excel as a soft tissue therapist or who have a background in manual health care.
- Soft tissue therapists
- Sports massage therapists and sports therapists
- Chek practitioners
- Personal trainers
- Strength and conditioning coaches
ABOUT THE TUTORS
This course is taught by a passionate team of NLSSM teachers who are highly qualified in their fields of expertise and have successful careers in sport and remedial massage.
We are trained in the art of teaching and bring to the class our different experiences from a variety of supporting skills. The delivery of the course within the diploma course setting is further enhanced by the application of accelerated learning techniques in order to assist students in absorbing more.
Your course will be lead by one of our senior tutors Esther Tang, Chris Newton or Paula Edwards. For further information about each of these teachers, please visit our team page
The Muscle Energy Technique workshops can be taken on their own, however, we recommend our Biomechanics and Biotensegrity workshop, the Postural Assessment day as well as the Re-education Methods in Stretching and Corrective Exercises which will add substantially to your skill set.
|31st July 2018
||North London, The Annexe
||10:00 - 17:00
|2nd September 2018
||Central London, University of Westminster
||10:00 - 17:00
For details of our North London, Central London and Manchester locations, please see our Contact Us page for further information.